Episode length: 22 min 40 sec
- How the terms ESG (environmental, social and governance) and SRI (socially responsible investing) are intertwined and different from each other
- The business case for ESG when making investment decisions
- How ESG can help present opportunities that do not show up in the financial statements
- Millennial investing trends, the suitability of cannabis for responsible investing, especially with the upcoming legalization
- The priority for ESG in the institutional space
- ESG trends over the next few years from an investment perspective
Keynote Speaker: Dustyn Lanz
Dustyn is CEO of Responsible Investment Association.
Dustyn is quoted regularly in the national media as an expert on responsible investing and a frequent public speaker at some of Canada’s leading business schools and investment conferences. In 2014, he helped to launch Canada’s first financial designations for advisors with expertise in responsible investing. In 2016, Dustyn received a Clean50 Emerging Leader Award for his contributions to responsible investing in Canada. He holds a bachelor’s degree from York University and a master’s degree from the University of Waterloo.