Episode length: 28 min 19 sec
- The levels of automation for autonomous cars
- The importance of safety regulations in the adoption of autonomous technology
- The behavioural shift to autonomous driving from traditional petrol cars
- The significance of technology vs. legislation for the adoption of autonomous vehicles
- Predictions for 2020 as an important year as level 5 autonomous vehicles will be available for public consumption
- Which companies are making the most progress towards electric/autonomous vehicles
- Electric vehicle market drivers
Keynote Speaker: Marc Hoag
Marc Hoag is Head of Product at Twibble and Founder, Producer, Host of Autonomous Cars with Marc Hoag.
Marc is a California-licensed attorney-turned-2x-startup founder with nearly eight years of experience as head of product. He has an undergraduate degree in economics from UCLA along with a comprehensive coursework in engineering track math and physics, and pre-med chemistry and biology. Shortly after law school, he successfully raised a Series A to build his first startup in the job/talent space, from which he spun out an internal tool that became Twibble.io, a social media scheduling and automation platform.
He’s a 3x Top Writer on Quora and publishes frequently on Medium about his passions including tech and startups; film; aviation; and of course, automotive, the latter of which lead him to launch his podcast Autonomous Cars with Marc Hoag, the world’s only twice-weekly podcast dedicated entirely to autonomous cars. Marc believes the advent of autonomous cars will bring about the greatest step change in humanity since the Industrial Revolution.