Episode length: 42 min 30 sec
Listen to discussions about:
- Growth of the ETF Industry and an overview of the 2018 Canadian and US ETF market
- Importance of active management for fixed income
- Role of ETFs in the current market environment
- Key differences in the way advisors use ETFs in Canada and the US
- Effect of regulations in the US regarding launching active ETFs
- Pros and cons of the race to zero fees
- Competition in the ETF space
- Thematic ETFs
Keynote Speakers: Tom Psarofagis & Cam Gill
Tom Psarofagis is an ETF analyst for Bloomberg Intelligence. Prior to joining Bloomberg, he held roles in ETF groups at both Oppenheimer Funds and IndexIQ. Previously, Tom was in Product Development at Nasdaq where he worked on creating innovative indexes for ETF sponsors. Tom attended the University of Connecticut where he earned his Bachelor’s degree in Finance. Tom is a Chartered Market Technician and a member of the Market Technicians Association.
Cam Gill currently leads CIBC’s ETF Execution and Retail Block trading businesses and is responsible for institutional sales, market-making and risk management across all ETF asset classes. Cam and his team actively advise ETF manufacturers and play an integral role in the launch of new ETF products.